London tech meetups
- London Clojurians - monthly coding sessions in Clojure, both for learners practicing, and those wanting to build Clojure apps over time, as well as talks.
- Elixir London - monthly meetups with talks and demos in Elixir, a functional, meta-programming aware language built on top of the Erlang VM.
- Elm London - talks and hands-on coding workshops in the Elm programming language.
- Go London User Group - a London-based community for anyone interested in the Go programming language, with regular talks and socials.
- London Java Community - an official Java User Group for developers based in London, with talks, workshops and hackathons.
- London .NET User Group - monthly meetings with talks and regular 'Open Mic' nights to discuss best practice and future directions of the .NET framework.
- London Perl Mongers - monthly social meetups and frequent technical talks for those interested in Perl.
- PHP London - monthly meetup and conference events for those interested in PHP.
- The London Python Group - talks and workshops on Python and related tools.
- London R - quarterly meetup of a workshop and presentations for users of the R statistical programming language.
- London Ruby User Group - monthly talks and networking for people interested in Ruby.
- Swift London - talks and hands-on sessions for developers of all abilities and backgrounds interested in learning more about Swift.
- London.AI - a meetup for product-focused machine learning, deep learning, augmented intelligence, NLP, neural networks, machine ethics etc., open to startups, corporates, academics or intersted individuals.
- Applied AI - technical and product talks on the advances, challenges and approaches taken in real life AI applications
- Londroid - regular meetups and study jams on Android development.
- Angular JS London - monthly meetups on the Angular JS framework with talks and networking.
- London Arduino - a user group for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Internet of things, tinkerers, electronics and interactive design enthusiasts meeting every month in London for social and training events.
- AWS User Group UK (London-based) - talks on the technical aspects of AWS feature use and implementation, and real-world use cases including what hasn't worked as well as what has.
- Coed:code - a warm, fun and supportive event looking at systems and infrastructure programming, with speakers, panels and socialising.
- Docker London - talks and workshops for developers and ops engineers using Docker.
- London Ethereum Blockchain Workshop Meetups - free, community-driven, hands-on Ethereum and blockchain workshops.
- Front-End London - meetup for front-end development and design, aiming to provide a variety of interesting talks on peoples’ experiences in front-end development.
- LDN Hack && Tell - 5 minute demos of personal projects, with friendly feedback: hacks, tools, libraries, hardware, software; whatever!
- London Machine Learning Meetup - a meetup to bring together machine learning practitioners to listen to each other's work, alongside running a study group focused on the Stanford courses in Machine Learning, Probabilistic Graphical Models and Natural Language Processing.
- MaterialUp London - for visual, UI/UX, and interaction design enthusiasts to discuss trending posts from the MaterialUp community (materialup.com) and hear from a local speaker.
- Messaging Bots London - for developers, designers, data scientists, growth hackers, content producers, product geeks and generally curious people interested in chat bot development and application.
- Meteor London - meetup for Meteor developers to share knowledge, apps, and get feedback.
- London Node User Group - a friendly monthly meetup for people using Node.js for fun or profit.
- NSLondon - a group for iOS and OS X developers who want to explore all thats new and fascinating in cocoa development.
- PyData London - a place for Python enthusiasts to share ideas and learn from each other about how best to apply the language and tools to data management, processing, analytics and visualisation.
Beginner-friendly coding meetups
- London App Brewery - this East London coding school runs free socials, training and meetups (though note most of their courses are paid).
- Codecademy London Meetup - learn more about and work through Codecademy programming courses; with related talks and events.
Meetups for people underrepresented tech
- Blackgirl.tech - a meetup for black women and girls living in London and working in or transitioning into technology.
- Codebar - workshops and meetups with coaches to help you with your own projects, or guide you through their coding tutorials (with a goal to enable underrepresented groups to learn programming).
- Code First: Girls - as well as free courses for young women, CFG hosts 'Hack Your Career' events.
- Coding for Women (Founders & Coders) - like Coding for Everyone, listed above, but a women-majority space.
- DevelopHer - a non-profit community dedicated to bringing women in technology together to create both opportunities and a network of support through events, workshops, and learning.
- Girls in Tech London - focused on the broader tech and entrepreneurship scene and careers (including non-programming tech roles), with monthly events and a leadership programme.
- InterTech - a professional network which encourages LGBT+ diversity and inclusion in the UK technology sector.
- Ladies of Code - monthly talks from leaders in the field and coding/hacking sessions, "discussing some pretty in-depth, geeky stuff".
- Lesbians Who Tech - a community of Queer Women in or around tech (and the people who love them).
- Mums in Technology - coffee talks, workshops and a coding school for mums; children welcome! (This group hasn't met in a while, if you have any information on their status please let us know, thank you!)
- Muslamic Makers - a monthly meetup bringing Muslim and non-Muslim makers together to discuss, pitch and share ideas.
- Out in Tech London - a meetup to empower aspiring tech leaders to improve our world by showcasing accomplished speakers, producing timely and thought-provoking events, and connecting members to new opportunities and each other.
- Queer Code London - queer programmers who wish to write code within a supportive environment. Queer Code runs talks, workshops, lunch & code sessions, and social events.
- Trans*Code - topic-focused hackday and introductory programming workshops to help draw attention to transgender issues, open to trans and non-binary folk, allies, coders, designers and visionaries of all sorts.
- Women Hack for Nonprofits - work on collaborative coding projects for nonprofits (ususally web dev); very keen for you to learn new things in the process and open to beginners.
- Women Who Code - promoting women in technology, with coding workshops and events.
- AI Club for Gender Minorities - a meetup dedicated to accelerating Gender Minorities' careers in Artificial Intelligence through learning, exploration, discussion and collaboration.
- London Women in Bitcoin - regular meetups for women working, or interested in, cryptocurrency on topics including the blockchain and machine learning, IoT and introductory sessions.
- Django Girls - free two day workshops for complete programming beginners on web development with Django (a Python framework).
- Women Who Go - for women interested in the Go programming language, with monthly meetings, talks and beginner workshops.
- NodeGirls - free one day workshops on Node JS.
- PyLadies - informal sessions, workshops and study groups to learn Python through small projects, as well as talks (aiming to support more women and genderqueers to become active participants and leaders in the Python open-source community).
- Rails Girls - free 1.5 day workshops on web development with Ruby on Rails.
- ReactJS Girls London - for anyone interested in ReactJS and wanting to hear from female engineers and their experiences working with React.
- R Ladies - a meetup for the statistical programming language R.
- Ladies that UX - a mix of user-led talks, panel discussions, lightning talks and the good old fashioned pub meetup.
- Women in VR - networking group for women working in Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality or other immersive technologies (also with meetups in Manchester).
About this list
This list was originally put together by Jenny Brennan (@jennyhbren) and is open to contributions (see below).
It was most recently updated in November 2018.
Add a meetup
You can either email a suggestion to email@example.com, tweet @ldntechmeetups or submit a pull-request to the GitHub repository for this page.